INFANCY NARRATIVES VIRTUAL SEMINAR
The Infancy Narratives Seminar is ideal for teachers and those seeking faith development opportunities. It will be held across 2 x 90-minute sessions, and presented by Mary Coloe and Chris Monaghan from the Yarra Theological Union, a College of the University of Divinity. This seminar may offer you up to three hours of accredited personal development.
SESSION ONE: November 26
The Infancy Narrative of the Gospel of Matthew – Assoc Prof Mary Coloe PBVM
• Introduces two different infancy narratives and their purpose.
• Gospel of Matthew – Strong Jewish context.
• The Genealogy – Son of Abraham, Son of David. The four women preparing for Mary.
• Matthew focuses on Joseph – the dreamer, who protect his household – like Joseph in Genesis.
• The Virgin Birth – Catholic and Protestant views.
• Ancient prophecies fulfilled – the Magi, the Star, the gifts, Herod’s seeking the child.
• The five Scripture quotations.
SESSION TWO: December 3
The Infancy Narrative of the Gospel of Luke – Revd Dr Chris Monaghan CP
• The Lukan infancy narrative as an overture to the major themes of Luke.
• An examination of the sources, structure, theology, and message of the two infancy narratives.
• Provision of background materials into Biblical Annunciations of birth in the Old Testament.
• The Lukan Canticles (Benedictus, Magnificant, Song of Simeon)
Thursday, December 3
WHERE: VIA ZOOM MEETING
RSVP BY: Tuesday November 24, 2020
RSVP is essential. ZOOM meeting details will be forwarded after registration.